Who are the Family Support Workers and what do they do?
We are Stella Kandinsky and Leanne Rawlings and are in school Monday-Friday 8.30-3.30.
We aim to support children and their families when they might need some extra help.
You can make an appointment to visit us at school at a time convenient to you or we are happy to visit you at home if you would prefer.
We will offer information and advice and generally help to support parents, carers and children.
What can the service offer my family?
- Support to parents, carers, grandparents to help them cope with family life.
- Individual work with children such as social skills, self-esteem, anger management, bereavement, parental separation, past and present family issues and individual worries.
- Individual work with parents and carers, including help with writing or updating CV’s or providing support with parenting issues or separation difficulties.
- Support can be offered for anything from a few days to a few months.
Our programmes of support
We are currently providing support through:
- Apple's Friends (with children)
- Coffee Morning (with parents)
- Family Links (with families)
- Sunshine club (nurture group, with children)
- Self-Esteem Group (with children)
- Managing emotions Group (with children)
- Using Lego for Therapeutic Play (with children)
Outside agencies can sometimes provide additional help and support. Here are a few useful links: